Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why did I let James talk me into making TAMALES???

We also made enchiladas!











Well, in November James asked me when I was going to make Tamales. I was like, I really don't want to make Tamales because it's too much stinkin work! Yep- I just had an awesome full day of making about 20 dozen tamales. My whole body aches, I am tired and I fear a cold is coming on!!! My friend Alicia came over to help me- I couldn't have done it without her.

James and the kids will eat the heck out of the tamales for about 2 weeks then boycott them since they will have eaten about 10 dozen all together. We will have them at Christmas. Then we will have some to give to family/friends and some to take out of the freezer every so often for a treat. Here's the pics of the Tamales in progress. Eventually I want to try and make green corn tamales on my own- a small batch making 200+ tamales on my own just isn't going to happen.

1 comment:

Norm, Florence, Alex, Phil, Marissa, Jace & Hayden said...

Those look so yummy!
We have finally found a couple of good Mexican food restaurants here on the island but the food is not as spicy here.