Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prayers Needed

Last week, my dear friend Jill emailed her closest family and friends about what was going on with her 2 year old daughter.  Unfortunately the news was not good.  It is with a heavy heart that I write this on the blog.  I am hoping you take this information and pray for 2 year old Emma, her mom Jill and her dad Dan.  Emma was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in her pelvic area and lungs.  She started chemotherapy last week.  I cannot fathom what Jill and her family are going through.  They have set up a caring bridge website for her click here

Emma was also mentioned in an article on MLB click here

Click here to see pics from when I got to see Jill, Emma and Michelle for a quick visit

It is hard for me to wrap my brain around why and how this could happen to a sweet, innocent 2 year old.  So most other things seem trivial compared to this.  I think about Emma, and her parents daily.  I pray that God will keep them strong and remove the cancer that has invaded her small body.  Please do the same.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Mel, Thank you for your words and prayers. We have asked "why" so many times... I find peace in each smile from Emma and know that we are so small in this big world. God is in charge and hopefully, with enough prayer He can heal my baby girl. Love you yaya sister, Jill

Shannon said...

Praying for Emma and her family.