Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In the Garden

Jimmy and I decided to put a college effort toward a garden this year.  We have had one before but the last couple of years, we just never did it before it got BLAZING hot.  About 4 weeks ago, Jimmy tore out the old bushes that lined our back fence.  God only knows how long those things were there- the roots were DEEP and long.  He tilled up the flower bed, got rid of the weeds and we planted:  yellow heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes (my fave), bush goliath tomatoes, jalopenos, asian hot peppers, wax beans, radishes, zucchini, mint (has been growing like a week for 3+ years now), basil, parsley and Thai basil.  Jimmy completely redid the drip system to ensure everything is well hydrated.  We have room for more but don't think we will be adding anything.  I would like to add more cherry tomatoe plants though....  Maybe I can sneak more of those in before too long.

The tomato cage there with the white tag is the yellow heirlooms- can't wait to try these!  I hope caprese salad is in my future!

Zucchini, you can see the flower below- we already have a 4 inch zucchini

Bush Goliath tomato, already have 6 young tomatos growing

No comments: