Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring

Jimmy and I are planning out our garden.  We decided to rip out all of the bushes on the back wall and to plant a garden.  I planted some seeds today in hopes that they sprout and I can eventually plant them in the garden.  The seeds I planted are:  Tomato, wax beans, cucumber, radishes, pansies and four o'clocks.  I went to home depot today (see picture above) and got some husky cherry tomato plants and a couple zucchini plants.  I also have  basil in a container on the patio.  I want to plan another jalopeno but couldn't find any at home depot.  I may just buy a jalopeno at the grocery store, remove and dry the seeds and try to start a plant from the seeds.  We are going to shade the garden so that when it's blazing out, the plants don't cook out there. 
We have 2 rose trees in containers, 1 in the front by the door and 1 on the back patio.  A few weeks ago I pruned them up significantly.  Now, there are an insane amount of buds.  I can't wait for them to start blooming. 

Stay tuned for the next post:  Homemade Tomato Soup

No comments: