Monday, February 25, 2008

30 candles on the Birthday Cake!

Sam's Funny face

All of Us








Happy Birthday Mel! Yep- I turned 30- the day before I started crying because James told me I didn't know how to cut birthday cake. He had the cake ordered and then he said that it only fed 12 people- which of course wouldn't have been enough... So that was pretty comical. I don't really know the real reason why I started crying but I think it was a combination of being 30, being emotional, etc.
The day was pretty fun. James took me to lunch at very cool new restaurant at the AZ center called 1130. Then when the bill came, it had been, "taken care of". The Concierge at the hotel called to tell them it was my 30th b-day. That was pretty cool. Then we had a retirement party for Earl Knight at the hotel. After 32 years of service with Hyatt, he decided to move on to greener pastures. I have been with Hyatt for almost 8 years and I really can't imagine 26 more but then again, it doesn't feel like 8 years has come and gone since college!
After work, James, the kids, Norm, Rossana and I had dinner at one of my favorite places- Buca Di Beppo! Got a little picture crazy and here you can see some of those- I think about 70 pics were taken in the span of 1 hour!

1 comment:

Norm, Florence, Alex, Phil, Marissa, Jace & Hayden said...

Wish we could have been there.
Happy belated birthday Mel.
Florence, Marissa & Jace